Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Free Writing and an Invitation for Stephanie to Join Me. Anyone Else Interested?

First of all, I will confess that I am lost and I don’t know yet what I am doing for sure, but wait! I think I have an idea: I think that creating a website to talk about Wikipedia’s credibility would be a good idea! Maybe Stephanie and I could put our research papers together and work on the same topic? I am thinking about starting from a dark website representing the unknown. From there it is going to have a door that will take you to a lot of heads from all over the world. Some heads will be mad, some will be happy, some will be thinking. Each head that the person clicks will tell a different idea about Wikipedia’s credibility. After clicking in all heads (including teachers, professional, student, and people who are not academic heads), the last head will take the reader to a conclusion. In the conclusion, there will be a picture of a connected world or knowledge somehow. It will be showing Wikipedia’s success in maintaining its articles creditable, and the connection of all knowledge from all over the world solving the problem of the unknown. ..kind of like that! LOL What do you think Stephanie? Wanna help me out here? LOL

3 comments:

  1. Jana, I really think that your topic is interesting. It almost goes the same route as my paper on citizen journalism since wikipedia is entirely citizen created. Wikipedia is used thousands of times a day but a lot of people don't really know about the site itself and I think it is a great idea to give a behind the scenes look at this widely popular website. I have always been told that Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source but you bring a different perspective. I think a lot of people would benefit from a web site like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara,
    I really like the idea of comparing Wikipedia with Citizen journalism. Maybe we could work together by comparing the good and the bad points of both and how reliable they are. Maybe a counclusion could show both sides, and the reader could choose if he would conclude that both are good sources or only one of them. Please let me know if you are interested! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jana,
    I would love to see a site that explores the credibility of wikipedia because I think it is a site we all use on a daily basis but don't know much about. I think that your idea for your site it really inviting and clicking on the heads will be a nice way to explore. Good luck and I can't wait to see what you (and possibly Stephanie) come up with!

    ReplyDelete